PDF Print E-mail

WOFA station in Vienna was housed in a former private building (belongig to Anthony van Hoboken - a famous musicologist) on Schreiberweg 45/47 from the very beginning until it got closed down in 1955.

The transmitter was errected on the neighouring estate on Schreiberweg 43. This location, at the hills of Kahlenberg, enabled BDN to service the whole city with it's program and hence was an enormous advantage to the other stations - especially to the Sowiet controlled RAVAG (which was located in the city).

 

 

img925_8424294974_o

img925_8424294974_o
tr_insignia
BDN wofa station in Vienna
Portal of BDN WOFA station in Vienna
The frontside of BDN WOFA station
BDN WOFA station
BDN WOFA station in winter
Studio of BDN WOFA station
Studio \
Studios \
A technician installs transmission equipment at BDN WOFA station in Vienna
Transmission equipment of BDN WOFA station in Vienna
wofa592