In order to reach as much Army personnel as possible in Austria, BDN established a lot of stations and transmitters throughout the country – some of them only transmitting the program, others also airing their own shows.
But AFRS also invested some money to provide soldiers with a sufficient number of radio receivers in order to listen to the programs – “R-100” receivers were distributed amongst them to obtain a ratio of 1 receiver per 50 men.
BDN consisted of the following stations and transmitters:
- The radio transmitter in Innsbruck
- The BDN station in Salzburg (KZCA)
- The mobile (trailer) station in Zell am See
- The mobile (trailer) station in St. Johann
- The BDN radio transmitter (and station lateron also) in Linz (KOFA)
- The BDN station and transmitter in Vienna (WOFA)
- The BDN radio transmitter (and maybe also studio?) in Tulln (Langenlebarn)