Lt Col Edgar Tidwell arrived at BDN on June 20, 1945 from the US to succeed Lt Graf A. Boepple, former OIC of the Blue Danube Networ.
Colonel Tidwell attended San Diego State College and was employed by the Mutual Broacasting System before entering the Army in 1940. He served as operations chief of the Armed Forces Radio and Television Service in Los Angeles in the two years prior to joining USFA. He left the Service in 1946 to manage Station KSDJ in San Diego, Ca. and was recalled as a major in July, 1948.
In addition to his studies at San Diego State, the colonel attendded the Infantry School at Fort Benning in 1941. During World War II, he participated in the Papuan, New Guinea, and Luzon Campaigns. He also served in the occupation of Japan after WW II.
(Source: The USFA Sentinel)